WEST COAST HOSPITALITY
PERFECTLY SITUATED OVERLOOKING THE ATLANTIC OCEAN
Mouthwatering West Coast favourites
The Jetty restaurant is part of Fryer’s Cove Community Development Project and it is here where our wines truly shine. In their natural habitat paired with home-cooked west coast favourites such as Snoekkoekies (fish cakes), Kerrievis (pickled fish) and Roosterkoek, Freshly caught line fish and more. On summer days you can sit back and enjoy a fish braai on the jetty, prawn pans and the sounds of great friends coming together.
The ocean extends beyond the glass
Our wines may be able to hold their own on tables and menus across the globe, but their humble beginnings in a small West Coast fishing village is where they like to let their hair down. As waves crash at your feet and seagulls soar across the skies, the local cries of the fishermen remind us of where it all comes together. Great food enhanced by great wines and even better company.
The Jetty restaurant is a joint project with the local community.
We knew the best way to showcase our wines is to pair them with the finest local west coast ingredients collected and prepared at source, just like our wines. That, coupled with the high unemployment in the Doringbay community, led to the opportunity of opening a west-coast style kitchen that could serve quality dishes to visitors.
Fryer’s Cove helped finance the restaurant and to this day, continues to help with the administration and restaurant logistics. However, Fryer’s Cove only has 30% interest in the restaurant, where as the community owns the remaining 70%. This spirit of community growth and co-operation is reflected in the quality of the food, service and sought after west-coast hospitality.
“A fascinating place with very fascinating story. I started working here as a waitress for sometime, where I learned a lot about the wine industry. It is a huge privilege to be able to work at such a beautiful place with such awesome people and I can only thank God for that.” – Shanice